Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scotty Cameron newport select tour weights?

Options
  • 16-04-2023 7:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

Looking to change the weights on my putter to 20 grams as I have shortened it by a couple of inches. Seems the weights I have may be tour weights as the standard tool doesn't fit the slots. Anybody collectors here have a tool or could possibly point me in the right direction?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭benny79

I'd say if you bring it to Mcguirks one of the days you are passing they should have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

When you say standard tool what are you referring to? Those look like cheap 3rd party weights that people get on aliexpress/dhgate. Legitimate Circle T weight kits go for hundreds and are very rare/hard to come by (see; https://customcameron.co.uk/products/scotty-cameron-20-gram-circle-t-ct-weights?variant=37113364553). I'd just look on aliexpress or amazon for scotty cameron weight kits and buy a set that look similar to what you have and they'll have a tool with it that should work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Yes, I got knock off weights for an old putter on amazon/ebay before. I think the paint came off after some time, I was able to live with that.

I think there was holes in the weights and a tool that can grip them for loosening and tightening. I think a standard circlips pliers gripped that fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭technodub

Fair play lads. In the end I got a friend of mine in the plastics business to mould me a tool to remove the old ones! New 20 gram weights in but it's a work in progress 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭technodub

I'm gonna pretend their real 🤣

• Advertisement
Advertisement