Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeep cutting out while driving

Options
  • 16-04-2023 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Mod, can you move if it's in the wrong forum pls. Thanks

Driving a 03 Toyota Cruiser. Ongoing problem while driving, it's cut out. My own mechanic is out for awhile due to an accident, so went to a different mechanic. Have been in the garage twice to fix it and starter has been replaced. So will have to go back to the garage again.

Would anyone know what is the cause of cutting it out?

Mechanic has cleaned the tank, pipeline and sensor.

Answers

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

Does it restart and drive away normally after it restarts? I had similar problems with a 02 model but you'd have to prime it to restart and sometimes it would continue to cut out straight away after restarting. If left for a few hours it would normally restart OK and could go for a few days before it happened again.

We tried various things like changing the diesel lift pump, cleaning out the fuel tank/lines but never got to the bottom of the matter. I'd imagine it was air getting into the system somewhere but I'm not a mechanic. It broke my heart and I sold it for export in the finish just to be rid of it, I never was as happy to see anything driving away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

I'm am not a mechanic or an expert on engines, but I would get the fuel injectors checked.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Had the same problem with a 97 LC, had to replace the housing for the fuel filter. I think the diaphragm that is under the hand primer pump was leaking and letting air into the system. Been fine since.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Oops!

As above, the fuel filter housing, diaphram is goosed id say, Older Pajero's and L200/400's were tramps for it years ago.

Advertisement