Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sympathizer [HBO]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,241 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Ironman now a shape shifting spymaster 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Strong cast. That's a great opening scene.. Intrigue!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

New teaser is up. All things at once.

April 14.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,558 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Full trailer

Starts April 14th

The Sympathizer is coming to Sky Atlantic on May 27th

Post edited by JP Liz V1 on

• Advertisement

I gave episode 1 a watch, not sure it is for me, does it improve?

Why is RDJ playing so many different characters and I like RDJ

I am not familiar with the book, the source material

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭donaghs

3 episodes in. When I read about it, it sounded like my kind of tv show. I had high expectations.

It’s a bit dull really? Not really drawing me in. I might watch rest of it as it’s still better than what’s on tv or Netflix currently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭donaghs

anyone stick with this all the way? Worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,058 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

It's definitely a "one of a kind", and even though it was hard going I stuck it out to the bitter end. I was getting "flashbacks to Nam"😛 because I remember those days when all people seem to hear about were the Vietnamese refugees who ended up getting spread all over the place, including the UK where I was at the time. We even had a Vietnamese priest whose English wasn't too good. He was always talking about Yezzuss Krast. The series did shed some light on the refugee situation, and what kind of people the refugees were, even though the refugees were in the US.

I wouldn't watch it again, and I doubt they'd ever get another series out of it. 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

It was ok, but a bit of a slog as it went on. Thought the lead was great though and enjoyed Sandra Oh (who I'm normally not a fan of). I think RDJ was in it because he and his wife were involved in producing it maybe? Not sure why he played so many characters though, I found that quite distracting. The David Duchovny appearance was fun though 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭steve_r

Felt much the same. RDJ was cartoonish and distracting.

I'd read the book it was based on, which I enjoyed and would recommend. I don't think this show is worth the effort, and a bit of a waste of the source material.

Advertisement