Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plane Spotting DUB 16/04/2024

Options
  • 17-04-2023 7:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭

Any chance anyone was plane spotting at Dublin Airport yesterday 16/04/2023 around lunch time?

I was on an Aer Lingus A321 from Munich and we had a failed landing / go around and wondered if anyone had a video of it. The plane touched the ground so hard (felt like it anyway) and then off we went again. Apparently it was wind shear. Landed successfully on the second go.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭john boye

Check youtube. You'd be surprised how much gets filmed

• Registered Users Posts: 34,691 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Touchdown is about 1:14:53

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Nice to have the video. That was a "touch and go", even less common than a "go around" (being pedantic on that bit)

Did you feel any sideways push as you landed? on the approach there were a couple of small sideslips. Might have been one of those just before touchdown, flight crew called go around ("TOGA") and the wheels touched before the thrust lifted the aircraft back up.

*happy to have my laymans description corrected

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Jamaican Me Crazy

Unreal! Thank you so much for sharing. Not sure I’m the better for seeing it from that angle 😂 I did indeed feel the sideways pushes.

Advertisement