Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenant left - no forwarding address

Options
  • 17-04-2023 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi ,

just wondering if a tenant leaves a rented property and doesn’t leave a forwarding address, is there a way to find out their new address from the RTB?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭elperello

No.

Anyway they may not have a new tenancy or might have left the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭phildin

About 10 years ago I had a property to let and the tenants left with no address leaving an unpaid bill. I lodged it with PRTB and they said that if the tenants registered a new tenancy then they would chase it up. About a year later, we got a letter from PRTB to attend an arbitration hearing which went in our favour and the tenants paid up (about €200). I don't know if it would still work that way but it could be worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 medee

Thanks a million . A lot of Damage done to the house and I just wanted to see if I could pursue with rtb if I don’t have forwarding address . Thanks so much this is very helpful .

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭frank730

is it an option to call Gardai and report criminal damage in your situation? they would have better ways of tracking people down.

Advertisement