Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free tickets to Ideal Homes show

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Rexell1

I missed the boat, did anyone register for tickets that they no longer need?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Patsy167

You've missed nothing. That show is an awful waste of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Patsy167

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

They’re free on the main website. Honestly they shouldn’t be charging for this. They take a fee from vendors, no need to be greedy looking for people to pay too

No way would I pay to go into a giant hall just to buy things. It’s full of exhibitors who are probably more desperate to make the sale because it cost them a lot to be on show there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Is it really awful? I am at least hoping for some info on new smart devices or some interior design ideas maybe.. is there anything like that? I think I was dragged to this as a kid in the 90s but no recollection of it.

• Of course it’s not awful, those few posters above must be only looking for free stuff or dragging toddlers with them to call it that. Over dramatic posting styles!

if you are looking to get work done to the house or just general ideas it’s very useful. Plenty of tat stands but very easy to avoid them.

the fact the trade (I’m not talking about the tat, I’m talking about the useful stands like heating, insulation, garden etc) stands return every year and pay the large fee obviously means they are making sales otherwise they wouldn’t be returning.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭almee

Showing as €10 now.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭REFLINE1

If anyone got a free tickets for this but isn't planning to go let me know please. Id take 2. Certainly not paying to go in though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

So why the entrance fee though, it seems a bit like being charged to go into a shop to buy something!

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭hhmmm?

They can't give away tickets for this let alone sell them

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭CCR

Free tickets available here

https://www.irishtimes.com/competitions/2023/10/11/enjoy-complimentary-tickets-to-the-permanent-tsb-ideal-home-show/

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭headtheball14

That link still gave tickets as 10 euro, however if you put in PTSB as the discount code that seems to work

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭headtheball14

just to say ,I don't think it's really worth paying in to. There used to be another similar show house I think it was called .it seemed much better . I found this quite scrappy the last few years but if it's free and handy then might go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

We went yesterday. Saw some useful stuff with regards Solar Panels, heat pumps and windows. Saw a lot of junk too. There was someone selling magnets for health, several large stands with Temu grade junk being sold and someone hawking cheap perfume with some "LIMITED OFFER CASH INTO MY HAND SPECIAL DEAL" nonsense on the go. Wouldn't pay for it but as a free grab info of a bunch of companies doing things we need doing it did that job. The majority of the junk was in the 2 left most aisles if you want to avoid it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I passed by one of those "temu" stands yesterday and heard someone paying €25 for 2 silicone air fryer liner baskets that were €7 on Temu.

Advertisement