Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

notice period and sick leave

• 17-04-2023 8:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11

Hello, I have got 2 questions. I gave my employer a notice that Im leaving and next day I got sick leave. My employer said that it doesnt matter for how long I will be on my sick leave I will have to return to work and off my notice period when my sick leave ends. I consider it is ridiculous. My sick leave covered my notice period, so I had no choice but just to tell her that I refuse to work off my notice period after my sick leave. She sent me an email that I breach a contract and she puts my name on roster a few weeks. How it can be explained and what I can do about this, Im not working but they keep me on the roster.

My second question is : I have a contract which says that I must give 3 weeks notice. But on the other hand, I worked for this company only 2 weeks and I had 2 weeks unpaid leave and thats it before I handed my notice. Do I require to give notice 3 weeks if I worked only literally 2 weeks.

I left company on the grounds that I got health issues after moving heavy people on sara stedy, they know that but still were insisting that I had to come back and to do this job again, and even more, when I said to her that I got hurt my back and have muscle pains and need to see a doctor next day _ she sent me a message to go to work instead of going to a doctor, she said I had to go to a doctor after my working hours, so basically she wanted to force unwell person to work because they had shortage of staff.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

You worked for the company for 2 weeks and had 2 weeks leave.... Em

If you agreed to 3 weeks notice and don't care about repercussions just don't go back.

Sick leave does not pause your notice, so they are wrong on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11 Volha

I hope repercussions will be for them, I left company because of unsafe working conditions and after that health issues. i sent a complaint to HSA. This is a very big company and they think they can do anything, even to force me to work my 3 weeks even if I physically get damages to my health

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Just tell them you resigned by email.

You were there only two weeks.

I don't even understand why they want you back there to be honest. Just ignore it and tell them you resigned.

Advertisement