Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New changes

Options
  • 17-04-2023 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭

Did ye just change bookmarks (maybe just mobile)?

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

It's a PITA. Before you just clicked bookmarks, now you click that and then you have to click all bookmarks to see them. This site gets less user friendly by the day

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

It's awful. Sometimes the bookmarks load up no problem, other times it's as if I didn't click on it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

It's awful. I presume they paid a professional company...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,100 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Use this as your boards URL to go direct to the bookmarks

also the footer there is a My Bookmarks quick link

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Tork

There's also a star in the top right hand corner of the browser that worked perfectly fine until recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,125 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

This is the only forum I use where basic features don't work properly.

Seems to rectified itself although pop ads are annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Glaceon

The funny thing is, it's not even Vanilla that's the problem. Other large sites such as Digital Spy are using Vanilla without issue. It seems to be whatever way Boards tried to configure it. If I were to make a guess as to why, I'd say that the poor reaction to the previous responsive site resulted in them trying to emulate the look of vBulletin (i.e. make Vanilla do something it wasn't intended to do) and it backfired.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,125 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Exactly.

Other sites that I've joined that started with stock forums configuration all work perfectly.

Stop showing me Ukraine crisis ads!

• Advertisement

Could ye make the ads at the bottom of the page any bigger? I can almost see a post.

Advertisement