Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Restore apps after a "Factory Reset"

• 18-04-2023 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

I have a Huawei Honor 8 Pro phone (Android 9) with around 100 apps installed. The phone seems to be working very slow these days and I would like to try a "factory reset" on it. Is there any way I could restore all the, Existing Apps (+ App Data if possible), rather than installing all of it one by one. Is this possible?

I have "Google Backup" currently setup on the phone with Auto-Restore enabled. Would this install all the existing apps + the corresponding app data on to the phone, after I do a factory reset?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,487 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

My first bit of advice is to check which apps are constantly running. That is most likely the cause of the slow down.

I am assuming you are using Google Play to install apps. Assuming so, each app installed on your phone has a status of installed or not installed, saved within your google play account, so if you factory reset it, once you log into Google services, the play store will install all apps that have the installed status.

But I suggest going with my first suggestion first.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭MaxPayneXL

Many Thanks. Let me try the first suggestion.

Advertisement