Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot urinate naturally after removal of catheter

• 18-04-2023 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

I have come here hoping to get some advise from somebody.

I have Diabetes 2 and for a long time the flow of urine from my body has not been fast but I could still urinate.

Short shory. My doctor recommended me to go to hospital to get a catheter fited. Their recommendation was that it would empty my bladder particularly at nighttime which would improve my sleep. I did not object and had it on for 2 weeks.

I went back to hospital last Thursday and got it taken off. I found that I could not urinate. 5 days later I am still having difficulties and am very worried that this could be long-term. I am using disposible self-catheters which do the job but I still need to urinate naturally ie if I am away at an event etc. I went to the doctor yesterday but he charged me €65 for doing nothing!

I am having a MRI on my bladder on the 8th of May but need to do something as I am finding this very depressing. Plus I cannot go to sports matches etc as I cannot bring the disposible self-catheter!

Have anybody had this experience or can give some advice? I would be highly grateful.

Advertisement