Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Idol (created by Sam Levinson)

• 18-04-2023 10:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,872 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Idol, will air exclusively on Sky Atlantic and streaming service NOW in June

Starring Lily-Rose Depp and Abel Tesfaye better known as The Weeknd in the lead roles. The series will be exclusively shown on SKY (HBO in USA)this June with the show first premiering at next month’s Cannes Film Festival

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,872 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It premieres on Sky Atlantic and NOW on Monday, 5 June

It’s getting shocking reviews

il obviously watch it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,087 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

The usual mob who shout loudest don't like sam levinson and think lily rose Depp was being taken advantage of, so no matter if the show is good or bad it is now bad in their minds.

I will be watching as liked euphoria.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I never watched Euphoria, so I was unfamiliar with Levinson when I began to watch this.

There are some interesting things going on here and there, with some characters more interesting to focus on than others. The show is at its best when The Weeknd isn't on screen, in fact I'd say there's a more than decent show to build upon even without his character. They could have definitely made a tighter show about a fading star on the brink of a breakdown without the weird sex cult **** his character is bringing to the fold.

Ultimately I think it will go down like HBO's Vinyl unless The Weeknd's name gives it legs it probably won't end up deserving.

I see similarities with Britney Spears, the music is good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,066 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Like The Weeknds music and seeing him live soon

Regarding this show I just can't get into it. find it pretty uncomfortable and creepy but at the same time a little intrigued about where the story will go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,087 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

decent start I think. the brittany story is oblivious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Shelga

It’s not as bad as I was expecting, however The Weeknd is truly dire and the show suffers every time he’s on screen. Lily Rose Depp seems to be a reasonably good actress so far. What kind of pop star is called Jocelyn though? 🤣

It’s a bit of a mess but watchable. Hank Azaria’s accent is bizarre.

More as I have it 😄

Even I can’t watch this

Knew I recognised the 'Jewish manager'

The Weeknd is right creepy fecker in this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,916 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Lily rose is going all out in this, some uncomfortable scenes and bad acting. Hard to take Hank serious with that accent. Might give it a break and come back to it if gets better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Yakov P. Golyadkin

Lol.

Guess the whole thing will be 'lost in the fire'

I'll get my coat

Advertisement