Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric versus power shower

Options
  • 19-04-2023 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I currently have a Triton t90 shower. I got solar panels last year and am wasting too much hot water as it's not being used. I am considering adding a power shower for use when the water is hot.

Does anyone know if a power shower is as heavy on electricity as the t90. It generally wouldn't be used at a time when the solar pv is producing so would be run off the grid if that makes any sense

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

Why not replace with a regular shower tap and get a pressure pump installed? I'm sure it would be cheaper on electricity than individual power shower units

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭cobham

Yes we had pressure pump installed with solar so now hot water arrives much quicker at all taps and nice 'power shower' as well if you turn up flow. It also increases cold water flow so loos refill quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Is that not what OP is asking?????

and it might help OP if you posted in the correct forum and not the Borda helpdesk

Advertisement