Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues with Property Management Company

Options
  • 19-04-2023 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi all,

I purchased and moved into an apartment in December of last year. Shortly after I moved in I noticed two small leaks in the roof, we are on the top floor. I raised this with the property manager in January who in fairness sent out a contractor to assess within a couple of weeks. There had also been as issue with a substnaitalwater leak in the foyer but this was put down to a window being left open as the water was beside the window. They eventually brought in dehumidifiers to try it out in advance of re-dying the carpet.

When the contractor assessed the roof a couple of weeks passed with no contact from the management company. I got back to them and they said that they would contact the contractor and get back to me. This didn't happen. Another week passed, I followed up with them. A further week passed, I was told that they were chasing the contractor. A further week passed, I told them I would like a response by end of day or I would be forced to escalate. Eventually they stated that the would secure approval for the works from early the following week and would get back to me. They never did. The leak spread. I got back to them and eventually 3 months after initial contact the roofers came.

In the interim I discovered that the carpet was continuing to be drenched. The issue was not from above (i.e. the roof) but it appeared to be underfloor. I contacted the property manager about this in February. My downpipe outside my bedroom window was also broken and cracking me up at night if it rained. I contacted the property manager regarding this in March. No joy a month later, not even a contractor has been sent out.

I know this post is long but there is something else that seems weird to me. When we entered the building in December we paid management fees to the end of February. I expected to have to pay this nears management fees in March. I was never asked for this. I emailed the Property Manager asking who I should send the fees to. He said that AGM would be held at the end of February and then I would be informed of the new management fees. I said cool. The AGM has never happened and I have never been asked to pay fees.

I really would like the drenched carpet to be fixed and the downpipe fixed. I have checked the financial records of the management company online and it seems in perfectly fine health, plenty of money in the sink fund too so I don't understand the aversion to the jobs being carried out.

Advertisement