Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Three Musketeers

• 19-04-2023 5:43pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,451 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Saw this last night. Apparently, there's a second part on the way in December.

Have to say I liked it though I am a sucker for history and the French language. It was an unlimited screening but my local Cineworld has a penchant for ditching non-mainstream stuff extremely quickly.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭conorhal

Thanks, I do like a swash-buckler and I hadn't heard of this.

I'm still, by far and away, fondest of the 1973/74 two parter from Richard Lester starring Oliver Reed (best Athos!), Michael York and Fay Dunnaway as the delectable and deadly 'Mlady (I would however 'mlady for Eva Green eight days a week). That was a solid, entertaining and pretty funny adaption that didn't take itself too seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Only versions I've seen are the recent BBC series and Dogtanian. Imagine my surprise when I was younger and saw the book at school and the main character wasn't name Dogtanian.

May watch the Rod Stewart, Sting and Bryan Adams version at some point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I only found out about this when checking showtimes for EVIL DEAD RISE. Had no idea it was even being made.

Saw it this morning and it is thundering great stuff - a proper swashbuckler that feels both new and old fashioned. Not a direct adaptation - they added events that didn’t take place in the book and dropped some characters. I was enjoying too much to notice and only realised these changes afterwards.

All stunt work and practical effects by the looks of it and mostly location shooting around France. Apparently only one day of the entire shoot for both films was in a studio.

Looking forward to PART 2 at Christmas.

Advertisement