Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unhappy with recent refurbishment

Options
  • 19-04-2023 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi all

I recently had some refurbishment works carried out on the house. I was generally happy with the works except for two items.

1. A socket doesn't work in the kitchen.

2. The pressure in the new downstairs shower is terrible (our existing shower upstairs is fine )

Finding it hard to get the builder back as we are all paid up. It's was mostly a cash job but I do have signed copies of payments.

Is there any legal comeback on smaller building works like this or is a waste of time?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Going to be hard to pursue legally if it was mostly a cash job!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,578 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Is there power coming to the socket? It may just need to have the connections in the socket checked. Also, you may want to invest in a water pressure pump if you have added additional showers/sinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,128 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Was there a snagging list? If so were these issues listed?

In any event you should list the faults and write (by registered post) to the contractor requesting the repairs within a reasonable time, say 30 days. If that doesn't work then you write again advising that you intend to take the matter to the small claims court or have your solicitor deal with it. If that still doesn't get a result then you take the legal route.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 GFunk Step2 This

He had a diagnostic tool which said the neutral wasn't working. But when screwed off the socket the neutral was connected. I've a feeling the wire may be severed somewhere.

As for the shower and sink, they have just been relocated so nothing additional. (The old shower that was removed was unusable due to boast tiles so I can't comment its pressure unfortunately).

Im no plumber but can't understand why the upstairs shower has better pressure. Both are off emersion, no electric, pumps etc

Advertisement