Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FUBAR - Netflix - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,676 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Looks popcorn fun True Lies sequel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,982 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

This is the real FUBAR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Anyone watching this. I just started watching it today myself. Must say it's very good so far but by does Arnie look old. Still the show itself is very good and lots of humour in it too.

It's kind of like a "True Lies" series with a twist but unlike the "True Lies" series this is atually better than that series.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,676 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Arnie's dry wit humour and banter with co star daughter carries it, a fun ride

I think the actress is one to watch, between Top Gun Maverick and this, on the way up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,937 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Haha deadly Arnie’s Mrs in this is Alotta Fagina

• Advertisement

Isn't FUBAR a mediocre brand of hoodies you used to get in Heatons?

Any relation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

That's FUBU. FUBAR is an acronym of military origin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I was able to finish the first episode as I was very tired but I really enjoyed it.

It is classic Arnie and the pairing with daughter is very fun.

I’m going to restart it tomorrow but I just want to ask :-

Is Boro’s group a terrorist army? The middle people dancing and the shock of some at the sudden execution confused me. Aren’t these all bad guys?

And what was wrong with the diamonds? I wasn’t make out some of what the criminal said but it seemed like he said they were fake but Arnie had just stolen them? Loved how he gave one he to the grand-daughter to put in her treasure box for later :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

He's 75, do you know what a normal 75 year old person looks like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I'm enjoying watching it. It's comedy gold

• Advertisement
    Ms

Yes of course. My Dad is that age and he does not look a day over 60 :) . I also have lots of uncles that age or older. Of course everyone ages differently.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Is Boro’s group a terrorist army? The middle people dancing and the shock of some at the sudden execution confused me. Aren’t these all bad guys?

Yes they are a terrorist army.

Yes some of the writing could be better but it's still good fun to watch. It's like the had 3 different people writing it do and sometimes it does not gell right.

And what was wrong with the diamonds? I wasn’t make out some of what the criminal said but it seemed like he said they were fake but Arnie had just stolen them? 

This for instance I agree did not make sense. Its long one person wrote that he stole real diamonds and then the next writer decided that were fake for the next scene so ye I can not really explain that to you.

I was thinking the same as you watching it by the way.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Glad it wasn’t that I couldn’t the story :p

going to start over that episode now.

I really hope there are a lot of scenes for Arnie with the granddaughter - it is a lot of fun seeming him like that.

And I have been laughing to myself a lot at his “who talks like that” moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,324 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The diamonds were real. The problem was that he found out they were stolen but Arnie's cover was supposed to be someone with access to diamonds so he shouldn't have had to steal them. This meant his cover was blown.

Just on episode 4 and enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pjcb

there are so many, ya wouldn't do that if you were a spy things, using personal phones for work etc,

saying that can't reveal they've stolen something and immediately doing something that would show the thing was stolen...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,132 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Ms

Brilliant.

A look its a bit of fun. Don't take it serious. Its no James Bond or Mission Impossible but it's just good fun. Not meant to take it seriously.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,961 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I'm just over halfway through this and it's brilliant fun. Arnie is clearly having a ball and the chemistry between him and Emma is great, but the rest of the team are good fun too.

It's definitely a throwback to another era of TV but that's no bad thing. It's a easy watch, good comedy and adventure and a likeable cast.

Great that it's getting a second season. They should keep making it as long as Arnie wants to.

finished season 1

Really enjoyed the balance of funny and drama and that it doesn’t try to be either realistic or over the top.

obviously they intend for season 2 to be very different and I’m surprised as the difficulty of a double life was one of the fun things about it. Can’t see the point of them taking Donnie with them though.

pity Tom Arnold’s character didn’t get more to do in that episode. He was twisted

Why is Tally still using the name Bruner?

They’ve been divorced for 15 years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement