Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Landlord is looking to sell via "Cost Rental Tenant In-Situ" - Question Please

Options
  • 20-04-2023 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Hello,

My landlord is looking to sell the apartment we are renting from them, and they have asked if we are receiving HAP as there is a scheme that may help our situation (or their situation). I think they were not actually sure of what the scheme was and asked me to do a bit of research. After doing a bit of research, it seems that they are referring to the Cost Rental Tenant In-Situ scheme?

Anyway, we are not receiving HAP and I was wondering do we actually need to be on HAP for the landlord to be able to part in the scheme? And, if we were to apply for HAP now, is it probably unlikely that the landlord could apply for the scheme as we would have been on the housing list or HAP for a very short time?

I have also read that the Gov. are offering above the current market prices via this scheme which may be why they are thinking about it.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

If you're on HAP or any other housing support you don't qualify for this scheme.

[QUOTE]You can access the scheme if you are a private tenant who has received a valid notice of termination because your landlord is selling and:

• You are unable to buy the property from your landlord
    • You are at risk of homelessness
    • You have a long-term right to live in Ireland
    • You are not getting social housing support, such as the Housing Assistance Payment or Rental Accommodation Scheme

Your household’s net annual income must be less than €53,000. Net income is the amount you are left with once income tax, Universal Social Charge, Additional Superannuation Contribution (ASC) and PRSI are deducted from your income.[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Phil1969

Thanks very much for the information, I have also found out that if you ARE eligible for social housing support but you are not claiming for it, then you are still not eligible for the scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Katie91PL

Hi Phil,

Can you please update if you applied and had any luck with that scheme ?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Phil1969

We asked but were not eligible because we were entitled to Social Housing support, and even though we don't get it, we are eligible for it which means were not eligible for the scheme.

Advertisement