Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payslips going digital... Would you?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Treppen

I think when you get a physical copy you sit down and read it, when it's digital it's forgotten about and just something that happens every two weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I am curious why a system was set up that requires the use of the MyGovID to access payslips when it's simple to set up a system that doesn't use it.

They've been trying to force through the identity card for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭2011abc

Two words : Facial recognition .But of course if youre doing nothing wrong youve nothing to worry about .Countless examples of the integrity of the regime in the last while .Youd be mad not to keep one or two payslips a year .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

It's far, far easier and cheaper to use a centralised ID to acces all governemnt resources rather than "setup a system that doesn't use it"

Really? "Facial Recognition"? That's the 2-word explanation? What has "facial recognition" got to do with this? Besides, facial recognition doesnt work if you wear a tinfoil hat, so nothing to worry about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Will Yam

The cdetb moved to electronic payslips - for part time teachers at least - in march of this year.

however they reduced the hourly rate at the same time. Has anyone else come across this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

This, a million times. It's silly not having an online payslip in an era when we can check all our banking transactions online going back years, and when our Employment Detail Summary is very helpfully available online on the Revenue website. It just seems like there's a technical and environmental troglodyte in decision making in the Department of Education deciding not to give us electronic versions that we can print out if ever required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭atilladehun

I hate the paper payslip. absolute nightmare.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I can't understand the mygov requirement, the DES has enough data on us not to require anything further.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

I want to move away from paper payslips. Do I need to contact the Dept of Education?

I had a MyGovtID account so I signed up for the Digital postbox - is that it or do I need to do something else to stop paper bills coming to my house and have access to them digitally instead? Or do I need to ring payroll and ask them to send my payslips digitally instead?

Thanks

Post edited by Danick on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭jrmb

Just go to Digital Postbox (digitalpostbox.ie) and sign in using your MyGovID. The changeover was basically automatic for me but I'd tried signing into Digital Postbox before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭2011abc

You paper haters trust the government to pay you your pension in the 2050s despite experiences with ‘emergency tax’ /SUSI delays / medical cards getting cancelled / forms getting lost in the post / interminable delays in pay for sec or even part time work in school.?I think this ( like someone said about marriage)is the triumph of optimism over experience .

It's just another way of getting people into the national identity card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Got a payslip on Thurs - do you think the payslip for Thurs week 24th will be in my digital box or will I get a final paper wage slip? Thanks

Christ almighty teachers should be on top of this 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭jrmb

For the first while you'll get both, and then the paper version stops coming.

Advertisement