Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland is holding my money and making themselves unreachable

Options
  • 20-04-2023 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

my KBC account money was transferred by KBC to BoI.

I called BoI to ask what I need to do to close the account and receive the balance. The agent indicated that I need to send a letter with two copies of id and a proof of address, and a bank statement of the account that should receive the transfer. I sent all that. According to the online tracking, that letter was received by BoI two weeks ago on April 4. Since then, I received a phone call from BoI telling me that now they also wanted a certified copy of my id. As I was discussing with the employee about that additional shenanigan, she hung up on me. I called the KBC transition team one week ago on April 12 and was told the manager of the branch would call me. I'm still waiting for that call.

What do I need to do for BoI to return me my money?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi there, sorry to hear this.

Can you please send us a PM with full name on account, contact number and address you sent the post to.

Also, can you please confirm if you have any information relating to who requested the verified ID from yourself ?

Many thanks, Anna

Advertisement