Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving Schools

• 20-04-2023 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi, I’ve accepted a job in a ETB school. I’m sure they’ll inform me in due course about what I need to do, but I’m just wondering if it’s a simple enough process to switch from a voluntary school to an ETB. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Get a statement of service showing point of scale and pension. Watch your payslips to make sure they are applied correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Rainbowshimmer

Thanks for that. I assume everything works the same way with CID and stuff. I did enquire and was told everything was straightforward but I wouldn’t mind making sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Well my own personal experience from my ETB were not straightforward. I worked for four months and only got paid at the end of the third month and there were issues re point of scale even though I had submitted statement of service. One piece of advice - make sure that if you ever go back to Department that you provide statement of service otherwise you will be on new pension (if applicable to you). Good luck with the new employment - I was amazed how many resources ETB schools had.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Rainbowshimmer

3 months! That’s bad form, isn’t it? I’m reluctant to mess things up with the pay scale, pension etc. I’d rather work in a department paid school again, but I’ve been waiting years to get a job back home, so I don’t want to let the opportunity go either in case nothing else comes up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭2011abc

I doubt anyone ever said dealing with salary in ETB was straightforward .You will need a big savings account to tide you over .3 months is by no means the longest people had to wait to be paid .While they MIGHT be a bit less prone to cronyism than the voluntary sector their hilarious application forms ( details of student part time jobs ?! SERIOUSLY ???!!!) and glacial admin pace would put me off big time .

• Advertisement
Advertisement