Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reporting an Accident to Insurance Company

Options
  • 20-04-2023 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

I had an accident today & I was in the wrong.

I admitted it as it was very clear I was in the wrong. We didn't call the Gardai.

I haven't decided yet if I am claiming through my Insurance or not claiming all depends on the Quotes.

I haven't reported it to my Insurance company as yet.

If I report it & don't claim will they have it on file when I my next renewal comes up.

Any advice appreciated. I am still in shock!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Doesn't matter just tell them

If they find out you could get a cancellation

Also you sure u were in the wrong , sometimes you just think u are

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Yes Kirk. I was definately. I came out a side road!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Report it to your insurer. It's why you pay your premium. It's also a strict policy condition, so not to do so can bring unwanted consequences

• Registered Users Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭cml387

Inform your insurance company. If they don't have to pay the claim it won't affect your premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

You've been involved in a accident and then have to declare to potential insurers

Could affect quotes I assume if you start racking up no-claim accidents

You're goosed anyhow if u don't inform and other party puts in a personal injury claim or whatever later , you'll get a cancellation and maybe worse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭ratracer

If there’s no claim it won’t affect your no claims bonus, but if you don’t notify them and even in a couple of years down the line the other car occupants put in a claim for a sore back, you could be in a lot of financial difficulty.

Id be reporting it to the insurance company and also to the gardaí so that there is a record of it. And I give this advice from hard worn experience of same!!

Advertisement