Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying Tesla with no way to charge at home - no driveway (Dublin City)

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Has there been case where a person successfully took a personal injury case by tripping on a cable attached to a charging car. Given the general anti EV news I would expect any case like that to be all over the news. I still don't see any functional difference between the posters picture and an eCars style kerbside AC point. It will probably need a test case to settle the liability question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Dubwat

Re the street cable charging, someone posted a review/policy PDF (pg 5) from DCC. They come out strongly against them:

1. Their insurers reckon the council will be stuck with paying any claims.
    2. "In addition to genuine liability concerns at present only entities governed by a statutory regulator (such as CRU) are permitted to install electrical services, above or below ground, in the public domain. It is also essential that all electrical connections in the public domain can be safely isolated at the point where the services reside. In the case of private households providing electrical connections in the public domain, this requirement cannot be achieved. Nor can electrical certification from a private dwelling be relied upon for electrical installation in the public domain."
    3. "The City Council will not be supporting the use of EV charging cables connected to off-street EVCPs."

It's kinda sad as it has obviously been done in other jurisdictions. I remember one YouTube video where the presenter had a 10 minute walk from his apartment to the overnight slow charger and he enjoyed that walk because he felt it woke him up and energised him for the day...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭innrain

I've seen cars circling the entrance of the gym just to park at the door then go for 1h run on the treadmill so 10 mins walk is out of the question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,178 ✭✭✭✭josip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Dubwat

See innrain's comment near the top of the page:

innrain:

"Before agreeing with them, consider that the City of Westminster has over 1.5k such charging points or Vienna 1.8k I've read somewhere that Amsterdam has over 4k. So technically is possible. DLRCoCo runs the largest (5?) pilot on 3 rock rd which is not a residential area !?"

Advertisement