Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City Buses

• 21-04-2023 9:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭

Often wondered why our bus fleet in Cork is comprised of falling apart old buses, some over 10 years old.

I stay in Dublin, Limerick and Galway regularly and they have fancy new buses for years now..the yellow and green low emmission ones.

Our ones are comprised of the red ones, that are manky for the most part, some even with L and G number plates, so Im guessing we get the hand me downs.

Ironically when there was a government announcement about bus connect last November, a shiny new double decker was brought from Limerick for the photo op with Eamon Ryan..

When are we getting some nice new buses..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Quitelife

Bit like the general deterioration of cork city centre with crime etc the transport body probably know none of the cork politicians will do anything so old buses will do cork grand .

when a few of the limerick ones starting aging a bit we’ll send them on to ye , might put a few hurlers in them too to get Cork hurling back in some shape !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,079 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Oh, the Cork ever the victim vibes are strong in this one 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

I'd imagine due to Cork being bigger than Limerick and Galway that we need more buses. I don't think there's any buses servicing the city that are over ten or eleven years old though. As for the GAA we need to find someone with JP's wealth to bring some funding in! We still haven't paid for the Stade De Frank yet!🤣

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭PreCocious

Our buses are all 151 or younger and were delivered new to Cork. The reason some are L reg is that the registrations were spread across local authorities rather than the usual stunt of regging them all in Dublin. The HSE do that with ambulances as well (even if a lot seem to be KE reg).

There used be a time when Cork buses were retired to the flat roads of Limerick city after a lifetime bashing the hills of Cork.

• Advertisement
Advertisement