Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EV Charger

• 21-04-2023 12:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

This is my first time posting here and my knowledge of EV's is very limited. I'm looking for advise re the following :

My sister has ordered an EV ID4. due to delivered next month. In the meantime she has to fit a home charger - what is the best brand / type / make of charger to fit ? It will be working off the ESB supply, no solar panels etc. She will be applying for SEAI grant. (if that makes a difference)

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭zg3409

Apply today for seai home charger grant online.

Get a few quotes for home chargers. Prices can vary a lot. More or less all brands are much the same. Most suppliers prefer certain brands as they know them and can support them. All will charge car at same speed. You/she needs to decide tethered or untethered yourself and tethered is handier but messy looking. Handy if doing ling daily commute and if you need to charge every few days.

Quotes are around 1500 euro with 600 back from grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭VikingG

Any brand really will do - everyone will say Zappi is the best but I find them aesthetically ugly so went with a smaller EO Mini pro 2 ( think 3 is out now). You need to decide do you want tethered ( it has it's own cable) or untethered - you plug in a cable when you want to charge. To be honest there is no advice here, just decide what you prefer, it can be handier to have the cable ready but they can look untidy. You will also need to make sure that the house electrics are capable - Any house built in the last 25 years should be ok but anything older may have issues.

Advertisement