Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WFH in the HSE

• 21-04-2023 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

How common is hybrid working in the HSE now lads? I'm working for a multinational basically 100% WFH but I am losing the will to live, as the corporate world isn't for me long term. With that said, I would be taking a slight paycut to go to HSE and wouldn't be inclined to do more than 1 day a week in the office/hospital if I can help it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭milkandsugar

I don't work in the hse but from friends most admin staff are in pretty much full time. But that depends where you are as well. Doesnt seem to be a policy across the hse.

The it department (name escapes me) is different and offers more flexibility afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

In my experience the HSE is about as "corporate world" as you can get. You are saying you aren't happy in the frying pan and wondering would you be happier in the fire. Be careful what you wish for.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭DEW138

I work in Hse, there is a new policy coming in from May about wfh. Max 2 days per week, home office place assesed and has to be approved and you losing flexi time.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭barneyrub

Hse have a blended working policy coming in this year but it is assessed per role so no 2 places will be the same.

If it's public facing there v little chance of wfh. After that a lot of it comes down to direct manager or even the prevalance of it in the building you're based. I know one site where most ppl have wfh full time and another where it doesn't seem to be granted at all.

But there will shortly be an official way to apply - no guarantees

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Freddiestar

I'm similar but most of the jobs I see advertised in the area I'm interested in are restricted to current HSE, Tusla etc employees only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭BalboBiggins

Thanks lads! Are there any public jobs that are mostly WFH?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭BalboBiggins

I am really fed up of multinational culture. I would like to do a job that contributes something more meaningful to my county.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭headtheball14

most public service are officially at least two days in office however it does depend on the specific role. I think it's worth applying and seeing what you get offered , I know some people who are facilitated with less or more.

if you are talking about losing will to live many of the recruitment processes will give you the same feeling!

however I would say public service has been hugely varied for me as someone who also just couldn't get enthused about standard corporate life so it's worth throwing your hat in. my feeling is that HSE has more flexibility for the right candidate

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭berrecka

My experiecne with the HSE is that they have been very unflexible wrt wfh. I am behind the scenes (not patient facing) hosptial based, and have applied for blended working a few times, as the role could absolutely be done with a few days away from the office. But I have been told that the hospital has no local blended working policy despite the HSE launching the National Policy (Blended working needs to be applied for on an individual basis) in Dec 2022. The infexibility on remote working has been a major driver (amongst other frustrations) for my move into Local Authority, where Blended Working (2 days home, 3 days on site; Id prefer the opposite, but its better than nothing) is in place for all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

Recently looked at the level 5 ICT jobs going in HSE, the limited working from home would be a bit of a turn off

Advertisement