Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 queries about invalidity pension and disability allowance

• 23-04-2023 4:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

First post here. I am asking about 2 situations and I have read a ton of websites about this but I still need to ask about common knowledge experience about it.

My question is does Invalidity pension absolutely need "stamps" in every case? Or can a deciding officer change payment to that payment based on for example the severity of disability even if there is no stamps?

Ok so my other question is about disability allowance. Is it possible to live outside of Ireland for most or all of the year, for example if there was a reason and still be paid disability allowance? For example study?

And if not to study then does a person need a reason to be out of the country in order to be paid disability allowance or invalidity pension?

Apologies for any spelling errors. Thank you in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

Hi

Invalidity Pension is an “insurance based” payment which means you need a certain amount of PRSI contributions and credits to qualify.

If the claimant doesn’t meet the threshold regarding PRSI then they are disqualified from getting it. The severity or otherwise of an illness doesn’t change this. No, a deciding officer wouldn’t overlook this and award it anyway.

Below are the Operational Guidelines for Disability Allowance in reference to being absent from the state.

Advertisement