Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia G21 issues

• 23-04-2023 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

OK, about six weeks or so my Mobile 'phone suddenly seized up, showing this message.

I reset it and got the same message again and again.

I brought it back to the shop and when I got it back, I started it up and copied my stuff from a previous 'phone, only to get the same message again.

I brought it back to the shop with the same results twice more and when I got it back from the shop about three weeks ago it worked fine for a few days until I noticed that the camera wasn't working.

I dropped the 'phone into the shop and got it back on Thursday. When I copied my stuff again, I got the above message. I brought it back to the shop and got a replacement.

I copied my stuff over again last night with the same results.

When I went back to the shop today, they suggested that maybe I had a "non Google Play" app that was incompatible with my 'phone.

I don't understand how this would be the case seeing as all the apps seem to be compatible with my old 'phone and we're compatible with my new 'phone up to the start of March.

I have incrementally uninstalled a rake of apps from the old 'phone and copied what was left to the new one and every time the phone turns itself off and on again a few times and I get the above message.

I then copied everything except my apps with the same results

Can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Not impossible that there's been some update since that isn't compatible, and its being installed because you're restoring it to the phone.

I would try not doing a restore but installing all the apps individually. Then test it for a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,985 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Pretty much the advice I'd give too. If you are restoring the phone from something like Titanium backup or similar, the phone could be having issue with the old data.

Some android system updates include breaking changes that mean old data can't be restored.

Advertisement