Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice welcome

Options
  • 23-04-2023 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi I retired to Spain a few years ago but for health and family reasons I am returning to Ireland. My apartment in Spain sold for 250,000 so my budget is very tight. I'm hoping to buy a small house and looking at Monasterevin or Portarlington, etc as I won't have a car. Any advice welcome as I'm hoping for a good community, things to do for my age group and a peaceful life. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,644 ✭✭✭RichardAnd

You will struggle to find a house in Monasterevin for 250k, but I would say that Portarlington would be doable.

Not having a car makes life outside of a city rather difficult in Ireland. I've lived in fairly large towns in Ireland over the years (Athlone), and I still found myself needing the car at times. It's certainly doable, but it's also something to consider.

If you could secure a mortgage to get your budget closer to 300k, you would be able to get a decent apartment closer to Dublin or even one of the other larger cities such as Galway or Cork.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Girl Geraldine

Not a hope in hell of getting a livable house in a Kildare town for €250k.

Maybe some cottage out in the country. But not in a town.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Carlow man

Advertisement