Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What exactly was wrong with Jack Conan?

Options
  • 23-04-2023 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭

Heard this on newstalk:

He developed a cyst on his pituitary gland that effected hormones?

That article firstly says, "my bloods came back clear".

Then says "my bloods showed massive hormonal imbalances".

He then says "it just got better".

Any clarification?

In physics we trust....... (as insanely difficult to decipher as it may be)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

It's his personal medical information so I doubt you'll get anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Two different blood tests. One probably was a general one and the other was a bit more focused after they saw the cyst in the scan.

They mention that he took meds for the cyst and it got better.

It sounds like one of these

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/15328-pituitary-adenomas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭Martina1991

When people say they "got bloods done" they likely do not know what tests were requested and why. You can't detect what you're not looking for.

If his primary complaints were fatigue or lack of energy his doctor may have only requested tests like a full blood count to check for anaemia, or maybe iron or vitamin deficiencies.

Endocrinology tests would be requested for specific investigations. They wouldn't be first line testing.

Hormones produced by the pituitary gland regulate metabolism, growth, sexual maturity, blood pressure and more.

Fatigue is a vague symptom that can be caused by many conditions. It can take a while to get to the cause of it.

Good to see he got to the bottom of it.

Advertisement