Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from HSE to Local Authority

• 24-04-2023 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Hi all, I am due to get an offer for a new role with a Local Authority and was wondering about what I will likely be offered.

I currently work with the HSE; my role doesnt have flexitime but my colleagues does. I cant really figure out what roles have it and what dont, or how that contract works. I think it was based on the fact that my Line Manger doesnt like Flexitime, and my colleague fought to carry hers over from a previous positon. Any advice on what I might expect in the pending contract? The information booklet does state "35.17 Hours per week. The role will involve flexible working hours and may include evening and weekend work", does this mean I should be able to accure flexitime?

Also, I have been with the HSE for about 8 months, will that be refelected in my salary (ie. will I hit the next point of the scale earlier, or will I be back to the start again?).

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Mr lebowski

I worked in a local authority role up until a few months ago and for all departments everyone could avail of Flexi time and build up to 1 day a month. It's actually 13 over the full year as they are in 4 week periods. I also started on 27 days A/L which is better than the HSE or civil service. They recently brought in working from home too I know. Which is 1 day from home but you can't take it on Mondays or Fridays. Other local authorities may be different.

Advertisement