Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Champions Cup 2024

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭fitz

At this point, Willemse has to be handed an extended ban, like 6 months or a year or something. He's obviously not bothered changing his behaviour as it stands.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

KInd of a dull game between Toulouse and Racing. Stream died but can't imagine Racing will come back at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭StevenToast

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

TNT lost the pictures from the host broadcaster and didn’t finish the game.

The QF line up has been confirmed.

Sat

3pm Bordeaux v Harlequins

5:30pm Leinster v La Rochelle RTE2

8pm Northampton v Bulls

Sun 3pm Toulouse v Exeter ITV1

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

In my mind that round of 16 was a great success.

Far more close games than blowouts.

Some weakened teams put out but if any team didn't play their strongest side this weekend they would have put out even worse if it was the last round of the pool stage.

Final rounds are shaping up well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭SaoPaulo41

Pau really turning screw now v Connacht

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Nearly a perfect weekend for the provinces - huge effort by Connacht

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I managed to catch the end on Bein sports. Very good try to finish it off but Racing were very poor throughout.

Toulouse and Bordeaux are looking the best sides left in it but anything can happen in the knockouts. Northampton are very good but I wouldn't fancy them to go all the way. I don't think Leinster will go beyond a SF either.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

European Challenge Cup QFs

Fri 8pm Gloucester v Ospreys S4C

Sat 12:30pm Sharks v Edinburgh

Sat 12:30pm Clermont v Ulster

Sun 12:30pm Treviso v Connacht

From this round on the Challenge Cup games are on TNT rather than Premier. No idea why it changes half way through the tournament like that. My guess is that the earlier rounds are sub licensed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭mercury16

I see ROG is heading to Cork with LaR for the week before the Leinster game next weekend.
    I fully get that he’s a Munster man and I can understand Munster supporters following any team that plays Leinster rather than see them win it.

Last year ? When he was over on Ireland for the Leinster game, the interviewer said, welcome home or happy to be home, to which he replied, I’m from cork. Now she was referring to being in Ireland. But ROG let her know that he’s from Cork and that’s it. I get it.
    I just feel that a guy who probably has Ireland mgmt aspirations could tone it down a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

Tnt cant show them on their channel during group stages and can from quarters on as just 8 games in total. Yeah most likely sublicenced out to have them shown

• Registered Users Posts: 38,500 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

So based on what you seen over the weekend whose the best team?

Personally I'd pick Bordeaux.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Edinburgh got beaten by sharks down in Durban last week....now back on the plane to go back down there for another beating....

Sharks are good enough to win this competition....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭SaoPaulo41

I think Treviso will win it, they will beat Connacht i feel ( stacked with Italian team) Gloucester also have great shot. Sharks have been awful in urc, but maybe putting everything into challenge cup

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Just a quick thank you for those Munster fans coming to Dublin next week to support Leinster financially with gate receipts and downing some delicious pints of Guinness :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭50HX

Based on this weekend yip Bordeaux

I'd tip Toulouse to win it tho

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Madeoface

Yeah. Bordeaux for me. If Leinster do LaR gonna be hard to stop.... hopefully.

Holidayed in LaR last year (and year before) and heading to Bordeaux this year. Worried I might be a hex.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,050 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Wonder why Antoine Dupont was not playing for France in Hong Kong 7s? I thought he was contracted to play through to Olympics.

Also with Romain N'tmack back from injury Toulouse looking imperious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

I dont think he wad/is to play all 7s tournaments between the first he played and olympics. Will still be back playing 15s with toulouse in run in to season

• Registered Users Posts: 11,781 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Coaching teams need to be sent on the tackle coaching course when one of their players does this type of stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

Sarries are not great, ROG called it when he said they are a shadow of themselves. Even English fans seem to think they had returned because they hammered Quins, who by the looks of the Friday game are not fantastic either. Bordeaux will beat them no problem.

So far they have played Connacht, Bristol, Sarries, Bulls. Losing to Bulls and playing Sarries twice at home. They will beat Quins but will they get past a better European team? still a question mark for me on them.

LaR I think are one of the best, they always have a dodgy game but ROG says he trains them to start to peak about now. Even watching the game I thought they would win it.

Toulouse are class, watched some of the game yesterday and multiple level better than Racing, even at one stage Racing was down on the Toulouse line and they just battered them back up the pitch.

Leinster are playing ok, but still one of the top sides.

So similar to most years its from those 3, I think if a Bordeaux come up against a LaR/Toulouse/Leinster they won't have enough

• Registered Users Posts: 11,793 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I don't think there's as much to be read into it as that tbh

La Rochelle are only in the quarter finals because Manie Libbok yet again bottled it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Just for that comment I'll be bringing my own cans of Treaty City with me and getting a last minute game ticket for cheap.

I'll be nice though and share the Dingle Single Malt from my West Cork branded hip flask so ye Leinsterites can taste real whiskey though 😂😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

Think it is a little bit more than that, the wind in Cape Town was incredible, even ROG mentioned it on OTB before the game.

Even watching the game everyone said they had to go under the posts.

LaR are still one of the top teams in Europe and should be righly favourites to win

La Rochelle were the best team last year and the year before and it's possible they do it again but they have been nowhere near the team of the last two years to this point in the season.

The wind affects both teams and they came back into it well after an awful first half. They got the lead and had a couple of opportunities to build on it but failed. In the end they were out if Libbok made a kick that wasn't that difficult.

Now they go to face Leinster and they'll have to improve a lot to beat them.

They'll be away again in the semi-final if they get there. If they meet Toulouse or Bordeaux in a semi-final it'll be very difficult, French teams have a massive advantage at home in the top 14.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭whiz

Hi Guys

I have a spare Leinster - Clermont ticket, that was bought through Ticketmaster, where can I resell that ticket at cost price?

Any feedback appreciated.

Advertisement