Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning in Co Waterford - Local Needs - Planning Consultant

Options
  • 24-04-2023 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

My partner and I are looking to build just outside of our hometown in Co Waterford. Of course the issue is, as we're both from the town and not the rural area 3km away, we need to have a local need. How is Co Waterford vs other counties regarding this requirement?

Don't get me wrong, I've heard it's difficult all over - but Cork and Kerry are apparently far more understanding of circumstance vs Waterford. Would people have experience of this?

Also - would anyone recommend a particular planning consultant with experience in this county? We want to build something small, circa 1,200sq ft. We also don't work in farming or have relatives in this specific area so are already in trouble.

Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,042 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Im in the opposite end of the country so cant provide any specific advice or recommendations but to give you a flavour of what to expect you should have a read through the Councils development plan particularly the rural housing section which can be found at section 7.11.2 here.

Advertisement