Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Past the age limit

• 25-04-2023 2:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Well lads, I had my fitness test two weeks ago and I wasn’t good enough. I’m absolutely gutted as in previous years I’d have breezed through it, but it’s been a mad year and I wasn’t fit enough. I’m 25 now (26 in January) and the fact that I’m too old for the army cadetship is just a punch in the gut. Does anyone know if there’s any way to wrangle another chance at it? This is my second time making it to the fitness tests, first time I was in an accident and spent the day of in hospital… The Army is all I’ve ever wanted to do with my life and I’m really unsure where to go from here. I was so upset I even looked into the UK forces, shock horror. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Scolopax

No way to "wrangle another chance at it" I'm afraid. You could apply for a Navy Cadetship (which is still live) or if you are so keen on an Army career you could apply for general enlistment.

Advertisement