Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of living payment

• 25-04-2023 9:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭

I've seen some people say on Facebook that it's one payment per household, but no one seems to be able to back that up with anything. There's 3 of us here that are on qualifying payments. Just wondering if we will receive the one 200 payment? And how does that work? Would it be paid in full to one of us, or would we receive part payment each?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭hawthorne

My understanding of this situation is that there will be three costs of living payments if there are three independent fully qualifying payments in the household. If there is only one main payment and two additional payments- like wife as QA and child as dependent- there will be only one cost of living payment.

Your question will be answered shortly when the payment arrives on your account.

Post edited by hawthorne on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

That’s my reading of it too. They seem to be using the Christmas bonus model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭hawthorne

Yes- it is the same as the X-mas bonus last year. Whoever got that one will get this one too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,015 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

They are using the Christmas Bonus Model and it's being paid as an individual payment so if a household has a person on say Disibility Allowance and another on a CE scheme in the same household, both will get it.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Advertisement