Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fiber cable broken, can it be spliced?

Options
  • 25-04-2023 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

TL:DR - Dog chewed through the fiber cable at the house entry, can it be spliced?

Came home from work yesterday to a flashing red LOS on the ONT. Had a look outside and the dog has chewed through the cable where it came out of the duct and entered the wall. He did well to grab it, but he managed it.

The fiber cable has a 200 meter run through a 4 inch duct to the pole, then an access box, then a 10 meter run in 2 inch hydro to the house. I am HOPING the engineer can splice in a new 10 meter length of cable at the access hatch? I have already pulled back the old cable and installed a blue rope to allow for an easier job. I have already chased the wall to allow the new cable to be installed and covered properly, to make sure the same doesn't happen again!

Has anyone had experience of Open EIR doing a repair like this, before the engineer comes tomorrow?

Thanks!

Comments

Advertisement