Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moved house, old owner didn't know SIRO account number, I can't get SIRO now?

Options
  • 25-04-2023 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Apologies if this has been covered, but I couldn't find any recent threads on this.

I moved house where the previous owner has had SIRO connected with one provider or another. The previous owner has cancelled his service, but had no idea of what a SIRO account number was as it's not something that was mentioned in any of his bills.

Sky is saying they can't do a thing without the account number (SVIF?) as they need it to take over the line.

SIRO is a wholesaler, so their rep said, providers should be able to "trigger new tenant process". EDIT: Sky replied with "nope, we can't."

Has anyone else been in this scenario, and how was it resolved? What if the old owner had died or migrated permanently abroad or something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Cal_fi

Update: I got lucky - I managed to get hold of the previous owner who found the SIVF number, AND a Sky rep who actually knew about the new tenant process. (I've spoke to 6 or 7 Sky reps during this process, most of them couldn't give straight answers.)

Apparently you have to escalate if the reps don't know about the "new tenant process", BUT they said it can take anywhere between 2-4 weeks to go through (unconfirmed). This is probably why reps are pushing back telling potential customers to go find a SIVF number.

Engineer coming out in the next 3 working days, all good finally! Happy(er) days.

Advertisement