Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stripping zetor mower

Options
  • 25-04-2023 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭

2 questions. Trying to replace drums on my own zetor 165 mower with a secondhand one I got

What is best way of removing the bolt in pic attached. Only one I couldn't get out. All worn and can't catch with Allan key.

Second question is how to get the drum out? Not sure what is holding it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭893bet

I would hammer and chisel. Get a new nut and don’t be lazy putting back on old one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Suckler

For the first one - try these - although the hole looks like it might be too big. Otherwise tack on a nut.

https://www.toolfix.ie/p/toptul-5pcs-screw-extractor-set/qjgaw0501

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

Left-hand drill bit(s) might also be handy for the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Clean it up and weld a nut to the top of it, added benefit of the heat from welding to loosen things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭RockOrBog

Put a good washer on top of it and fill the hole with weld to stick it to just the bolt, Then weld a nut to the washer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement