Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House insurance

Options
  • 25-04-2023 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi, not sure if this is correct forum so please move if not. My house is 100 years old, insurance due for renewal, conditions are that house has been rewired and replumbed and also reroofed. It has been rewired and replumbed 20 years ago, roof is perfect, family member a roofer and confirmed same. I have always used a broker and he said there are only 2 companies that he doesn’t use and that maybe they will give a quote. I’m sure I’m not the only one in a 100 plus year old house. Any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Get an electrician to do a periodic inspection on the wiring. Get your family member or a company they recommend to give you a letter to say they have checked the roof and it is in good condition. Both will cost you something but it will get you insurance.

Advertisement