Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DGW 34 Transfer Thread

Options
  • 26-04-2023 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Another quick turnaround for this DGW.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

I'm thinking Kepa to Ederson and that'll give me 8 DGW players and he'll be there for the run in then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

2 FTs. Will be doing Saka & Kane to Salah & Isak for sure. What I'm now debating is a -4 for Watkins to Jota, or Martinelli to Grealish. I feel a bit uneasy about letting Martinelli go, especially as main rivals have him.

I brought him in from GW31 and he's gotten his customary 2pts straight away! I do think he's a good asset to have for the remaining games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭COH

Anyone else on a FH?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭nice bit of green

Yeah FH for me

Ederson

dunk, estupinan, trent

grealish, KDB, mitoma, Salah, andreas

haaland, jota.

If the stars aligned it could be amazing. bench is just to make up the numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

On FH as well, not very happy with it but can't see a better time to use it tbh ..

Martial up front is pure dodgy but need some sort of a differential

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Dunno would I be trusting double City defence, they are leaking goals right left and center.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Newbie20

I wildcarded in 33 so have 11 doublers for GW34 as it stands

Ederson

Trent Estupinan Shaw

Mitoma MacAllister Rashford Salah Grealish

Jota Haaland

I wonder would KdB be the player that most are missing a trick - hard to fit into midfield, but probably one of the most consistent and a good differential - as most have 2 Brighton lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

I just brought in salah on a - 4 but wondering should I move him out for kdb, would allow me to do Chilwell to TAA also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭COH

I think Ill be playing 4-5-1 on the FH anyway. No strikers stand out at all apart from EBH. Don't trust Martial or Jota at all ... that could change I suppose

Current draft

Steele (Iversen)

TAA - Stones - Shaw - Estupinan (Coufal)

KDB - Gakpo - Salah - Mitoma - Rashford

Haaland ( Greenwood, Williams )

I'd really like him in my team now. His previous games went under the radar too. Would require a -8, to get in Salah and KdB but just not sure it's worth that hit.

Yea I can get him in for -4 with and keep Salah, but then would then have less DGW players. I don't know if Brighton players are the way to go - will they run out of steam or will they come back strong. Similarly with Rashford he hasn't really scored all that much recently, but everyone will have him. How many of the from players have DGW. Feel like CS are hard to come by so want to go offensive.

Then there is a desperate Chelsea team, maybe Arsenal will bounce back - too many decisions and prices rise to content with.

I do think there is an argument against the template 3 Brighton players

• Registered Users Posts: 15,696 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Half tempted to bring in Foden.

Grealish & Mahrez will start the CL games, which will take priority soon. Foden can play against the Fulham, Leeds and Everton.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭The Guru 123

I wouldn’t see that argument at all to go against Brighton. They have 3 DGWs in 5 weeks and at their price they’re only using about 15% of your budget.

And they’re a top 6 team despite todays defeat.

Think I’d be picking other battles to differentiate.

there are West Ham players with better form and equally well priced as Brighton, and who have DGW. How many people will have their players in their midfield?

how many will have KDB who is on fire going into DGW? Playing for the team that is on fire and who would easily win every game till rest of season? Before last night I didn’t see him mentioned in any team

Rashford form is questionable (watch him score tonight’s after I said that), but his form isn’t great to be a must have imo.

if you look at Brighton lads their form has on dropped off at the same time. Just cause there cheap and have a DGW should’ve reason to keep as they are taking up valuable spots in MF - sure gamble one of their cheap strikers, but double Brighton mid field - I think is very safe/template.

I watched the highlights and I would say that Mitoma is a keep but he needs to be taking his chances.

I’d agree with you if Brighton only had 1 DGW as you seem to be implying but they have 3! Still put up a huge xG v Forest last night and played well in the Cup Semi. I agree there’s lots of other great options in midfield and if you really didn’t fancy the Brighton guys you could go with just 1 or even 0 and the rest defenders/goalie that you could play in their doubles.

obviously each to their own but it’s definitely not playing the odds going against them.

yes but you can make transfers to bring that back in easily for future DGW if you want. The games they have aren’t easy either.

if the template is 2/3 Brighton guys than to your point of it being a grind - your not going to move much in rank if your copying the template.

if you score 95 and the average is 91 is that a great week?

if you score 47 and the average is 43 - would you consider it a great week?

and that’s the issue with a template team - your never going to be far from the average, and when the average is high your happy and when it’s low your not.

when I say you or your it’s the general person

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭MacDanger

I have a FH & TC left - had planned to FH this week but considering changing now to TC either Salah or Haaland who both have decent fictures this week. If I don't FH though, I only have 4 DGW players (5 after a FT).

Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

If you are using TC I think it’s got to be Haaland

Having Mo Is a bit of a differential already imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭crushproof

Tough calls for FH this week, Liverpool once again didn't look great and spurned plenty of chances and of course leaked goals. Salah didn't seem to do much either.

Brighton, the worries around their tiredness, Man Utd generally being useless and the fear of Man City rotation.

Feels like Newcastle assets would outscore many DGW assets with their home fixture against Southampton.

What are people's thoughts on Grealish and Jota? Both are subject to being rested for one of the the DGWs I'd say. I'd prefer Jota but wary now after him being subbed so early yesterday. He does look lively though and from what I saw he could've had two goals last night. Is a -4 worth it for either of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

2 FT's.

Looking at Kane & Saka out. Salah & Greenwood in.

Will give me a starting 7 of

Grealish, Salah, MacAllister, March, Rashford, Watkins, Haaland (C)

Thinking of a further -4. Ake or Zinchenko out for TAA. Would like to chance Ake but unlikely to feature in both games.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

How are you doing edersen, grealish, kev and haaland ?

I see ferguson is likely back this weekend, could be a good differential, might allow me funds to squeeze kdb in also.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭nice bit of green

Good spot, it’s been changed a bit since then. The KDB injury has me spooked plus Foden might be an option. Brighton defence also now a worry.

Toney, Saka & White out.

Jota, Grealish & Stones in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mobydopy

Currently considering: Kane, Saka & Chilwell out for Solanke, Salah & Trent (-4)

Don't feel too good about moving Kane out but it's the only way I can fund the Liverpool DGW assets. Watch Kane wipe out the Liverpool CS now this weekend

I think they’re the right moves to make.

I had planned the Kane & Saka to Jota & Salah next week but went early on Kane to Jota. Nightmare.

Only thing I’d say is do you need Solanke every week or even most weeks? If not I’d be tempted to drop him all the way to Greenwood and keep the cash for a big punt before one of the other doubles. If Solanke is to be a starter most weeks then obviously fire ahead and go for him but just with all the doubles coming up I’d wonder would you be benching him a lot? Also Bournemouths season is basically over after last nights result though this could make them more attacking.

• Advertisement

Chilwell ( finally ! ) & Watkins to Jota /Shaw for me .

Advertisement