Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DGW 34 Transfer Thread

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭mindhorn

Using BB this week and have 1FT and 2.6 ITB. Maybe move Buonanotte out for March or leave as is? Or maybe Trippier for Moreno?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Stones has 2 goals in last 2 games, playing oop and getting forward. I like the Bruno pick, i wanted him, but just couldn't see a reason not to got KdB, granted your on FH so not relevant, but you would expect him to start 2 of the next 3 games, and next GW is v Leeds, so for that reason I was happy to gamble on him. I'd prefer Mitoma over March.

Watching the last game or two of Liverpool, VVD has been getting close to score a header or two from corners, so i'd have him over Robbo - Tsimakes could also get some minutes - let's not forget he did start against Chelsea where they kept a CS, where as VVD should be nailed.

In case someone doesn't play, do you have at least one decent back up sub?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

All good points. I think City will be rotation central for one game, so not keen on any outfield player bar Haaland. I’ve looked at VVD and I can see your point, it’s one I’ll sleep on. Same with March v Mitoma.

I’ll have Coufal and Ferguson on the bench, not great but better than nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Med101007

I intend on using my FH this week and I'm just wondering how everyone else approaches using their FH. For instance I'm looking at a 4-5-1 fornation so that leaves me with a bench of 1GK, 1 defender and 2 forwards. For these 4 players I'm picking the cheapest players in these positions which gives me more money for a better quality starting 11 but leaves me with no starting substitute if one of my first 11 doesn't play. Is this a risky strategy or does everyone else do it this way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,696 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I was on a good rise through the ranks the last few weeks, until Thursday, and it's completely thrown me.

I'm half tempted to just pull a mad -8. Go attack the DGW and try rise back that way.

FT - Chilwell -> Trent

Then I can't really decide between the -4 & -8.

Grealish -> Foden seems very sideways but Foden has a much higher ceiling and I think Grealish's FPL effective days could be behind him, while being important on the grass for Man City. I think Foden is gonna play a lot of the PL games coming up against Leeds, Everton etc so this would be a long term move. Mahrez will be rested in the PL so he will be fresh for CL IMO.

But then I also need Rashford in, so do I do him instead of Foden as he has more guaranteed minutes and/or form.

Or do I sell Maddison, just after he starts to show form, before he plays Everton & Fulham? Maybe Maddison -> Foden is a 35 move instead.

But I'm also tempted to bring in one of Jota/Darwin for Watkins as Watkins fixtures turn now and Nunez/Darwin have a DGW, with a home fixture coming out the end of it. Liverpool are scoring goals. Jota has the starts, and goals, but is due a rest. Darwin is due a start and was very effective against both Spurs & Fulham away from home getting 3 returns in around 125 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Just transferred in Martial. Why do I do this to myself.

You can pick up cheap playing players - I think a wolves defender who is 3.8m started last GW. Lindalof is 4.1m and should play both games. Dunno what cheapest mid is but Pierira is 4.4m and will play both games

mom stokers - two Brighton lads are 4.6m - pick one and also have greenwood

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭The Guru 123

Spare the -8 and just go Zinchenko to Trent and Saka to Rashford.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Is Martial a perma-trap or a potential season changing differential?

Last call on FH coming down to:

Isak + Coufal, or

Martial + Cresswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Team is currently 95% set in stone with 7 DGWers. I've taken a -4 too.

TAA, Salah, Ferguson in for Kane, Saka, Zinchenko.

Raya

Schar, Trippier, TAA

Salah, Rashford, Grealish, MacAllister, March

Watkins, Haaland

Subs: Kepa, Ake, Ferguson, Mee

Not starting Ake or Ferguson as doubts over them starting. Fancy Newcastle to get a CS against Southampton so a double up instead of gambling on Ake is the play for me. Would love to gamble with Ferguson too but minutes a worry. Think Watkins could get a return against a rocky United defence.

I want Isak but think I can wait a week or two.

Is Ake to Stones worth another -4? 2 CS's which are no guarantee would cover the -4...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

I transferred in Martial when I was pissed last night, kinda regret it this morning but trying to be optimistic. Could be a great differential and should get some decent minutes over the next couple of games. Probably wouldn't have done it had I been sober, never do drunken transfers folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Last minute dilemma, start Zouma over Martinelli?

I'd go Martinelli.

Arsenal need to win & Chelsea are crap defensively.

Have west Ham kept many CS lately? I don't have it to hand this late.

I would be playing Martinelli - his form is through the roof - they are at home they will want a reaction and it’s chelsea.

that’s not to say I wouldn’t be playing Zouma - but I’m guessing your fixed on the other 9 players

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

3 in the last 6 but he could end up with a minus score against City so I'd really be relying on the Palace game. He does have an attacking threat though. Martinelli looks like the sensible play but was also considering a -4 to move him on for Grealish. Though Grealish might only start 2 of the 3 anyway. Martinelli it is then... hopefully he'll repay the faith!

Just done a last minute switch of captain from Haaland to Salah. That midweek game against Fulham after Fulham have played City.....

Brave but could be epic - salah could easily come out with 25+ this GW and his minutes are probably more guaranteed. Haaland though might only need 46 mins for a hatrick.

Ya I just said feck it. Want to try and attack the GW overall and captaining Salah in a DGW is not exactly a bad thing. It's just such a differential with Haaland also having a DGW.

The Haaland minutes thing has to go well for me to pay off. And Salah scoring too! I'm expecting 2 Haaland returns, hopefully it's capped at that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,926 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Went with Mo meself, for largely the same reasons. At least we'll have someone to sympathise with should it all go horribly wrong. 🙃

Might main rival who I was 65 points behind, and now 32 points ahead of put TC on Haaland, now I don't know what i want from him haha, I was sure he would played the WC, but instead did a -4 and went with TC

So soceuk was the wildy pick for the DGW

Advertisement