Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Token Pocket usability, replacement process and information concerns

Options
  • 27-04-2023 3:57pm
    Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1

The reason I use this digital token pocket is because i do not want to install the app.

Yesterday I reached out to Bank of Ireland to inquire about the process of replacing my Digital Token Pocket, which I use to access my account securely without using the bank's mobile app. The numbers on my current device have started to fade, making it difficult to use. Also there is no way I could change the battery and I don't know how long it will last after nearly three years of use. To my surprise, I was informed over the phone that in order to replace my Digital Token Pocket, I would need to cancel my current one, leaving me without access to my account for nearly a week.

Additionally, I found it concerning that there is no information about the Digital Token Pocket on the Bank of Ireland's website. I searched the following pages and found no mention of the device:

• bankofireland.com/help-centre/faq/can-i-access-my-bank-account-without-a-smartphone/
    • bankofireland.com/security-zone/help-for-older-people/
    • personalbanking.bankofireland.com/ways-to-bank/online-banking/getting-started-with-365-online/
    • bankofireland.com/help-centre/faq-category/digital-banking/#security-devices

The lack of information available on the website and the requirement to cancel my current Digital Token Pocket for nearly a week to replace it are both highly inconvenient and concerning. I believe this issue should be addressed to better serve customers who rely on the Digital Token Pocket for secure account access.

In an effort to raise awareness about this issue, I have also sent the relevant information to Joe Duffy's radio programme, "Liveline," as I believe this matter affects many Bank of Ireland customers and warrants further discussion.

A more convenient and customer-friendly solution would be for the Bank of Ireland to send a new Digital Token Pocket without cancelling the current device immediately. Once the new device is received and activate it by using it for the first time, the old Digital Token Pocket could be automatically deactivated. This approach would ensure that customers maintain uninterrupted access to their accounts during the replacement process, addressing the concerns I have raised.

Comments

Advertisement