Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

10 Audi A4 - Clutch & Flywheel replacement

• 27-04-2023 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi,

I've got a 2010 Audi A4 2.0TDI Manual and I've had it checked by a few mechanics who all agree the clutch/flywheel will need to be replaced in a very short future. The flywheel is rattling and the clutch is slipping. I've gotten a quote of 1250 for supply+fit from a very reputable local garage, and a quote of 2240 from another, and I've been turned down by 2 others as they're too busy. I was very surprised that one was nearly twice the other as the garage who can do it for 1250 is very reputable and everybody I know gives them the highest praise for doing a great job without charging a fortune.

Is this the going rate for a clutch and flywheel replacement? I'm based in Carlow and don't mind travelling a bit to save money.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭Allinall

I would say the €1,250 is about right, and the other garage just quoted you the higher price to get you to go away.

I had the same done a few years ago on a similar car and it was €1,700, but that included a full service and a few other bits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭GavPJ

Had my Citroen C5 2.0HDi done a little while back.

Cost me €1000. €450 for the clutch and flywheel and €550 for

my garage to put it in.

Give Stephen in SC Parts a shout. Best value for clutch and flywheel kit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Following...

Advertisement