Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Natuzzi

• 27-04-2023 11:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

I wanted to get people's feedback here. I had to repair my Natuzzi last week after a fix done by the shop was done incorrectly and caused the frame to literally collapse on itself. The shop wouldn't work with us on fixing so I had a carpenter do the repair. What I wanted to ask is if people think this is acceptable quality ( see pictures) for what was a very expensive sofa and a premium brand. The frame is basically made of the cheapest of mdf and light battens. I couldn't believe how cheap and flimsy it was.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I almost bought one last year as it did look very well in the showroom in Arnotts. After further investigation it seemed the quality wasn't close to what you were paying for. Sorry to hear that's happened to yours. :( that really doesn't look like great quality at all.

I ended up going with a SITS branded sofa from The Sofa Room on Leeson street instead. Quality is excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

That's terrible, I was in the new Natuzzi shop in Blancherstown a month or so ago for a browse and above would certainly put me off buying. I was specifically looking at leather, 3 seater electric recliners and while comfortable with nice soft leather what lies beneath that is frightening.

Surely the leather or even fabric covering is the most expensive aspect of a couch so why cheap out on the frame with flimsy material such as hardboard, chipboard and OSB and all thrown together with a few staples.

How old is your couch and what shop was involved. Would expect better after sales service at least from a recognised brand name such as Natuzzi but it's not the first time I've read bad reviews for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

It's approx 4 years old. The shop (unnamed but theres only a handful of retailers that carry these) did provide the service and they used reputable company but the fix was hard foam and the flimsy frame collapsed due to it. The shop ghosted the emails and calls since February so no option but to get a full frame rebuilt by a good carpenter. No comeback on the company that did the amateur fix but in doing the work the carpenter couldn't believe it was all put together with cheap materials and a stapler. Wish I had know before I purchased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

They must make an absolute fortune on the purchase price versus the materials used.

Advertisement