Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An end to free parking?

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

You'd have to say its a problem of their own making. They plan places with almost no green areas. Roads too narrow for parking, So everyone has no front garden and park on their driveway. Builders, and Developers, strip the rear gardens of topsoil and leave them just clay so no drainage and too small anyway. So people just pave the garden.

We have two very large schools nearby close to each other. They allowed development of apartments and houses right almost to the windows of the schools. There have no sports, field, they have no green areas. They've done this with almost every new school in the area.

They are even planning to remove a local green with a bridge to facilitate more traffic. Just because their previous bridge not 500m away can't cope with the traffic.

That's before you get into the authorities giving permission to build on known flood area's to start with. I see a lot of new developments with flood protection, from the start. Couldn't make it up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

while i'd agree with you in general there, i suspect there are other factors too - the planning department not talkin gto drainage etc., but an answer from them might be 'great, yes, but we know about that from the planning department'. but they have to look at satellite imagery to track reduction of green spaces due to changes which don't require permission. anyway, it's OT.

Advertisement