Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE: different batch of pay scale used as an offer

• 28-04-2023 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello everyone,

I just got a contract offered by HSE to work in May 2023. However, the contract said that the approved pay scale used is the one from February 2022. When I checked the HSE website, there is an update of the pay scale in March 2023. Logically, my starting salary should be taken from the latest pay scale, which is the one from March 2023.

My question is, is that the common practice in the HSE by using the pay scale a year backward? Should I accept the contract?

I sent them an email about this but no reply ever since.

Please advise me on this based on your experience.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭DEW138

whoever did your contract, did a poor job on it. They should have used the latest pay scale - which is 1st March 2023.

You can accept the contract, the pay will be on current pay scale, but I would write to HR to issue contract with current pay scale starting salary.

and no, it is not common practice.

Advertisement