Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking in Charge registration for property purchase

Options
  • 28-04-2023 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi. Im at the end process of buying a house in an estate. My solicitor is drawing down the funds. The issue is she said she cant find the estate on the councils list for taking in charge of it. She requested a certificate from the vendors solicitor but they wont have it as its not registered. It was built in 2007. I called the council and they said its been registered but the process isnt complete yet. How that has taken over 15 years is beyond me. Either way they said it shouldn't be necessary to buy the house. My solicitor wants it though. So my question is does anyone know if this is actually necessary for the purchase? I highly doubt it because how then do the other people own the houses?

Advertisement