Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jsa help

Options
  • 28-04-2023 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi guys

I started a new job about a month ago. It not going great. I'm really stressed and anxious and don't see it getting better. I have no savings and was hit by emergency tax on first payslip so money very tight.

I would love to just leave. I am looking for other jobs.

I just wondering if anyone leave a job like this? Did they get jsa how long was the wait time and was it backdated to when application was made?

If I could get some sort of payment ASAP I would think of leaving and give myself some breathing room when finding somewhere new. I worked full time my whole life and never been on benefits.

Any help thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

Hi. What were you doing immediately before you started this job, and what were you doing in all of 2021?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

I was working in similar feild and was working all of 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

If you feel terribly stressed then what you should do is speak to your GP and see if he/she agrees that you take some sick leave. Stress is very bad for you.

You can get Illness Benefit from SW while you recover. €220 is the max payment If you are just claiming for yourself.

Advertisement