Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei 5G CPE Pro 2 router that randomly drops the Wi-Fi connection

Options
  • 29-04-2023 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I have a Huawei 5G CPE Pro 2 router that randomly drops the Wi-Fi connection. The 5g signal is strong and stable. During the Wi-Fi dropout the ethernet signal is still working. During the Wi-Fi dropout I cannot connect to the web-based management page even though I have an ethernet connection, via the router, to the internet.

The problem is remedied if I reset the router by disconnecting the power. I do not wish to reset the router every time this happens since not all the router users have access to the router.

How can I rectify the problem?

I am using the latest software update.

This problem has existed since I purchased the router. I have unlimited mobile data and don't use the data limit function of the router, it is disabled.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Eleusis

I had similar issues on a Huawei B525. Years of having to reset it. I always put it down to the reception just dropping and it for some reason not resolving the IP again. If I change it to 3g only it would be better. But it was slower. In the end I bought a draytek lte router and it stopped to problem.

Have you tried using 4g or 3g only to see if it fixes it?

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭grimeire

Do you know what the exact model you have is?

I have the H112-372 and have similar problem with this model and previous Huawei models. I resolved the wifi issue by disabling it and buying a AP.

Unfortunely all mobile devices i have used which number in close to 5 all have stupid issues like this they are not the most stable for long term use. I found the biggest issue with them is they just get very slow speed the longer they are on. After like 10 hours of being on you are lucky to get 10% of what you were getting after a reboot even when connected to the same cell.

I find the best fix to all these things problems is to unplug(not restart) it regularly. i use a timer plug to turn it off for 1 minute at 5am every morning and this has greatly reduced the amount of issues i have had with them. Whatever the issues are if you restart from the UI instead of turning off and on the problems will occur more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,114 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

how many WiFi devices simultaneously?

https://consumer.huawei.com/ie/routers/5g-cpe-pro-2/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Glaceon

Is it just the 5 GHz network that drops or also the 2.4? If only 5 then try setting it to channels between 36 and 48 as the higher channels will drop if it detects any hint of radar interference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lumification

Hi guys,

I got a Huawei modem from Eir (H155-381) and I have experienced the same situation as you some kind of intermittency, I tried unplugging it and now it is working fine, is there any configuration? or should I do that daily?

Still, in the withdrawal period with Eir, I am thinking to give it back if the situation is not getting better

• Advertisement
Advertisement