Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So I'm back lookin for more help.

Options
  • 29-04-2023 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭

If you remember, I built a new pc for my son at Christmas.

Specs here.

X570S Tomohawk max wifi

Corsair Vengeance 32 gb (4x8gb) 3200 mhz

Corsair RM750X

Radeon 6700XT

Ryzen 7 5800X3D

Kraken x63

Nzxt internal usb hub

Be quiet pure base 500fx black atx argb 4 preinstalled light wings pwm

512gb m.2 ssd x1

1tb samsung ssd

1tb HD

So he has a few spare bob and wants to put it into the build. What do I buy and why?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

And how many few bob needed!!! He has 2k but obviously not putting all into it.

HP 27xq 27.0" 2560 x 1440 144 Hz Monitor

That's his monitor.

I'm thinking it's gotta be a better graphics card, but would the psu be OK? I have no idea of what card.

He is big into gaming, starting up a YouTube channel will be soon (about electronics) so high specs gaming video editing is the requirement.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

7900 XTX. I have one a Red Devil to be exact. A little over a grand is what I paid and I'd say they are still that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I scored a little over 34000 graphic score points in TimeSpy.

https://www.3dmark.com/spy/37583382

• Registered Users Posts: 31,062 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

If starting a YouTube channel I'd be spending the money on cameras, microphones, lighting and set rather than PC upgrades. Decent gear is seriously expensive.

Already have nikon cameras, gopros, rode mics etc , thanks.

His card should be fine for 1440p, can't really see much value in spending over 1,000 on a better card unless he's going to start pushing 4k and then you'd need probably another 1,500 for a TV or monitor on top of it.

The PSU would have to be upgraded as well, and the problem with some of the newer cards is they are chonky boi's so may need to then purchase a new case etc.

My advice would be start the Youtube channel with what he has and see how he gets on, the performance upgrades at his price point aren't going to see massive gains without some serious spending and then it will come down to just buying the best stuff to have it instead of benefitting from them over the current parts

Advertisement