Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Applying to UCD University, Currently living in Northern Ireland and while living with a son.

Options
  • 30-04-2023 8:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I am inquiring for some help with my trying to get my place at UCD University for Veterinary Medicine, and there is no such course I can do in Northern Ireland. I currently live in Belfast so it is too far away for me to travel every day to university and back. I need to look for housing it doesn't necessarily have to be in Dublin as I own a car. I would have to be going back on the days the university is not on as my other two children will most likely be staying with their father in Belfast and attending their school. Could I get some information regarding living in Dublin or surrounding areas with a Toodler and where is best to look for a safe place to live that is not overpriced?

Is there anything I should be aware of? Would Student Finance cover the rent and bill if I'd be struggling? This will be an intense course and a lot of learning is required so not sure how I will be able to do any sort of Work to cover the living costs with a Toodler. As he will also have to attend childcare while I am at the university. I know I can apply for childcare costs but haven't yet into full detail and not sure how much they will cover.

Any help be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement